The annual Ginger & Spice Festival is run by the Ginger and Spice Heritage Trust. The festival takes place every September in Market Drayton during British Food Fortnight.
The Ginger and Spice Heritage Trust aims to:-
- Bring-together and engage the local community of Market Drayton to discover, explore and celebrate the town’s unique cultural-heritage, heritage assets and history, particularly linked to the culinary heritage of the town
- To educate local people, young people, and other visitors, about this history and cultural heritage encouraging sustainable outcomes for local tourism and trade
- Explore the local food and drink scene
- Celebrate the town’s twinning to Pezenas in France & other key places on heritage through culinary links
- Inspire the local community to have fun whilst enjoying their heritage.
- The trust runs on a not for profit basis.