The annual Ginger & Spice Festival is run by the Ginger and Spice Heritage Trust. The festival takes place every September in Market Drayton during British Food Fortnight.
The Ginger and Spice Heritage Trust aims to:-
- Bring-together and engage the local community of Market Drayton to discover, explore and celebrate the town’s assets and unique cultural-heritage, particularly linked to the culinary and cultural heritage of the town.
- Educate local and young people, plus other visitors, about this history and cultural heritage of the town and surrounding area .
- Explore the local food and drink scene.
- Celebrate the town’s twinning to Pezenas in France and also the culinary links.
- Inspire the local community to have fun whilst enjoying their heritage.
- The trust runs on a not for profit basis.