Are you passionate about food, heritage and community and looking to gain new skills and work experience? Would you like to be part of a warm and friendly award winning team? Then why not consider volunteering with us at the Ginger & Spice Festival and play a vital role in making our festival shine.
We are looking for volunteers to help out before, during and at all of our events throughout the festival which takes place in September.
In return you get to meet new people, gain new skills and be part of a local community event.
Responsibilities may include:
- Supporting the Events and Communications team with logistics and preparations
- Assisting in developing fringe events which leads to a high quality event experience
- Administration support such a booking in street traders and managing the process
- Organising Festival infrastructure
- Assisting the Marketing Manager with promotion of the events
- Traffic marshals and market stewards
- Car-parking co-ordinators
- Delegate hosting
- Managing and co-ordinating volunteers who are supporting and helping out at the event.
We are looking for volunteers with:-
- Some experience in organising events/ festivals and celebrations, for example through a school, church or other institution
- Good computer and presentation skills
- Good written and spoken English
- Ability to communicate well with people from all walks of life
- Good team spirit
- Creativity and innovation – willing to suggest new and innovative approaches
- Ability to work on own initiative and as a team member
We welcome volunteers from all backgrounds and ages. You don’t need to have an extensive background in these areas, but experience in fundraising or events management would be an advantage. Ideal candidates will be organised, dedicated and able to work efficiently on an individual and a collaborative basis.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain more experience in events planning and delivery & for someone who is looking to get into fundraising or the events sector, or related roles. The hours are flexible with the exception of the actual events.