We are looking for volunteer support at the Ginger and Spice Festival which takes place from 25-28 September 2019.
The festival which takes place during British Food Fortnight, aims to connect the local community to their culinary heritage through a series of novel and exciting events.
We are looking for volunteers to help out before, during and at all of our events throughout the festival.
Responsibilities may include:
- Supporting the Events and Communications team with logistics and preparations
- Assisting in developing fringe events which leads to a high quality event experience
- Administration support
- Event management support on the day of the event
- Organising Festival infrastructure
- Assisting the Marketing Manager with promotion of the events
- Festival social media co-ordinator
- Traffic and market stewards
- Health and Safety co-ordination
- Car-parking co-ordinators
- Fundraising and sponsorship co-ordinator
- Organising Chef demos and musicians
- Managing and co-ordinating volunteers who are supporting and helping out at the event.
We are looking for volunteers with:-
- Some experience in organising events/ festivals and celebrations, for example through a school, church or other institution
- Good computer and presentation skills
- Good written and spoken English
- Ability to communicate well with people from all walks of life
- Good team player
- Creativity and innovation, willing to suggest new and innovative approaches
- Ability to work on own initiative and as a team member
We welcome volunteers from all backgrounds and ages. You don’t need to have an extensive background in these areas, but experience in fundraising or events management would be an advantage. Ideal candidates will be organised, dedicated and able to work efficiently on an individual and a collaborative basis. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain more experience in events planning and delivery & for someone who is looking to get into fundraising or the events sector, or related roles. The hours are flexible with the exception of the actual events. Some of the work can be carried out from home if that is preferred.
In return for volunteering with us, you will receive the following:-
- Practical experience in the everyday running of a food festival
- Fundraising, events management and marketing experience which will look good on your CV
- The chance of a fantastic reference
- Ongoing support from the fundraising and communications team
- The knowledge that you have contributed to supporting the local economy and community
To register your interest for volunteering, please complete our expression of interest form by clicking here
or contact the Ginger and Spice Festival about volunteering or for further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org