Ginger & Spice Heritage Trust
The annual Ginger & Spice Festival is run by the Ginger and Spice Heritage Trust. The festival takes place every September in Market Drayton during British Food Fortnight.
The Ginger and Spice Heritage Trust aims to:-
- To bring together and engage the local community of Market Drayton to discover, explore and celebrate the town’s unique cultural heritage. This includes the heritage assets and history which are particularly linked to the culinary heritage of the town.
- To educate local & young people, as well as other visitors to the town about this history and cultural heritage, encouraging sustainable outcomes for local tourism and trade.
- Celebrate the town’s twinning to Pezenas in France, & celebrate other key places of heritage through culinary links, providing a platform for cross cultural exchange.
- Inspire the local community to have fun whilst enjoying their heritage.
- To run on a not-for-profit basis.
See what’s on at this year’s festival.