Pierre’s Erld Smokey – named for a Michelin-star Chef in the north – is a subtle, smokey blend with gentle heat and aromatic notes. It is equally at home with soups, stews, casseroles, vegetables, beef, pork, lamb, seafood and shellfish.
- Made using the best quality ingredients
- Gluten free
- Suitable for Vegetarians & Vegans
- Used by chefs and restaurants across the UK
- 100g Resealable Bag – H : 205mm x W130mm
Ingredients (in order of percentage)
Paprika sweet, Smoked paprika, Black pepper, Green cardamoms, Black cardamoms, Tarragon, Piquin Chilli, Sundried tomatoes, Garlic powder, Rosemary, Ajwain seeds, Nutmeg.
Produced in a facility that uses Cereals, Crustaceans, Eggs, Fish, Peanuts, Soybeans, Milk (including lactose), Nuts, Celery, Mustard, Sesame, Lupin and Molluscs.
Reseal and store in a dry place.
Basic Cooking Instructions
- Pour ½ a cup of olive oil and 2 heaped teaspoons of spice (add more if preferred) into a small bowl and lightly whisk together until well combined.
- Pour the mix in to a large polythene bag or food grade plastic container. Put chicken (breasts, legs, wings) into the container or bag and thoroughly coat the chicken using the mixture.
- Cover container or seal bag and place in a fridge for up to 2 hours before cooking.
Wolfie tip : Score meat joint with a sharp knife, helps marinade to penetrate the outer skin and allows flavour to soak further into the meat.
Dry Rub (ideal for thick steaks)
- Rub directly into each side of dark meats or vegetables by hand before cooking (2 teaspoons of rub for each steak).
- Leave to stand for approximately an hour before cooking.
Wolfie Tip: For best results leave in fridge overnight or for at least a few hours. Then let meat come to room temperature before grilling.
- Add juice from 4 lemons, 50ml of balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp of Mr wolf Spice, and pinch of salt to a bowl and whisk. Put marinade to one side.
- Peel vegetables then slice in pieces no bigger than 5mm thick.
- Dice the remaining vegetables to the same size.
- Submerge all the vegetables in the marinade for 2 hours.
- Take vegetables out of the marinade and remove any excess marinade.
- Place the frying pan on the hob and drizzle with a small amount of olive oil, make sure the pan is hot.
- Put vegetables in the pan and grill for 2-3 minutes